National Arts Month - February 2005

I am not really an arts fanatic but I really indulge myself in it. You see, the arts is one of the avenues of keeping my sanity intact when I am just by myself. As much as I am a party freak, I am actually, in truth, a loner. But I am not you're usual, self-pitying recluse. In fact, I really enjoy being alone. I get to do things by myself and most of the time, I am into a new, exciting adventure. Yes, being alone satisfies me and during those moments, I discover a few things about me and being me. I learned that I have a soft admiration of the arts, though at times, I do not actually understand some of them.

This is not about me but this is the month of the arts. Read on...


SINING GISING: National Arts Month, February 2005
Crafting Identities for Social Transformation

… a Call to Hope
… a Challenge to Act
… an Invitation to Commit
… a Celebration of Creativity
… an Affirmation of Inner Strength

to win the war against Poverty, Pollution, and Corruption!

Filipinos are known for being a resilient, optimistic and happy people. No calamity or difficulty of any magnitude can dampen the Pinoy spirit. Challenges awaken the creative disposition of Filipinos, enabling them to transform any crisis into a festive celebration. The artistic soul of the Pinoy surfaces – to affirm, to assure, to sustain, to rise. Indeed, life must go on and the creative energy in the Pinoy sees him through.

T H E C E L E B R A T I O N
Begun in 1991 through Presidential Proclamation No. 683, the National Arts Month activities are spearheaded by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, or NCCA, which is the country’s premier government institution for arts and culture.

T H E P E O P L E
Every year, the NCCA works hand in hand with arts and culture organizations, local government units, educational institutions, business establishments, and individuals in holding various initiatives in the arts. Now on its fourteenth year, the National Arts Month celebration has evolved from a Manila-centered activity, to a truly national event with key activities coming from all three major island groups – Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao. Involving hundreds of artists from the seven fields – architecture, dance, film, literature, music, theater and the visual arts – and reaching thousands of people from all walks of life, the National Arts Month is truly a festival of the Filipino people.

T H E L O G O



The official logo of the National Arts Month is a flower. It takes inspiration from a traditional ukkil floral motif of the peoples of the Sulu archipelago. The design is a stylized plant sprout and symbolizes the blossoming of the Philippine art.

------------------

For schedule of events, visit . For further details on the National Arts Month, contact the Public Affairs and information Division of the NCCA at (02) 527-2192 locals 612-615 or email NCCA.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram