Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Mundane Stuff

(this entry was supposed to be posted last night)

Dear Me,

I have another insomnia attack and obviously, I am still up. Besides, my sister is still out there in the streets and it's past midnight already. Apparently, she attended somebody's despedida party.


**********


I'm really into this song:
Sway by the Pussycat Dolls.



When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now

Sway me, take me
Thrill me, hold me
Bend me, ease me
You have a way with me

Sway (sway)

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway I go weak
I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now
Sway me
Sway me
Sway me now


**********


Last week, I was so bored that I ended up with something to do. I was trying to locate my father's kinsmen online. Well, what I was doing was only partial since I didn't have the luxury of time to delve more into it. I'll try to finish the partial outcomes tomorrow.

**********




I love to travel. I do. I also love to meet travel buddies. Hopefully, we can all meet soon. =)

Gonna start that profiling volunteer job asap.






**********


For the first time, I took the risk of gambling 100 credits in BE's Battle of the Blogs .

I won.

I was so surprised. The highest number of credits I can gamble is 65 minimum.

So, how does one acquire credits? One way is to surf blog sites of the members. That's what I usually do. There are other ways, too. But I prefer to surf because I have fun time browsing other people's blogs.

Through surfing, I earn credits. Once I earn credits, I gamble them through battles. No big deal if I lose but if I win, I earn more credits. How? If you take on a challenger, you level the credits he/she is betting in that battle. "This means the winner will win 75% of the combined credits wagered. The remaining 25% of the total credits wagered will be split between the 15 members who have voted on your challenge."

With luck on my side (hehehe), I won 75% of the total credits wagered and the remaining 25% of the credits have been split equally 15 ways to the people who voted in the challenge.

I won 150 credits out of the 200 credits wagered and have been added to my account.


**********


NBA vs PBA? Yes, the NBA legends will play against our very own PBA standouts at The Bad Boy Tour, which happens today in Cebu and on Monday, here in Manila.



The Bad Boy Tour.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, if you ever need a traveling partner, you know i'm game. I'm always running around the world when I have free time. Well, more like running around the middle east and asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ken, oh I see. Got myself a volunteer pala..=) I'll have you in mind when I go out of RP. =) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i love this song too! Its got a very different style from the usual remixs.

    Congrats on the battle won! I have been a regular battler in the BOTB challenges. Choose the battles..dont battle with the 'popular' blogs..they tend to win! A lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!!!

    but pussy cat dolls...yuks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sama ka sa akin! =) check my previous posts.. 3 countries in 1 week! may 8-13!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on graduating to the big point battles at BE--and winning! It's annoying to have to wait a day or two for a 20 point battle to end so I prefer to go for at least 50 points, Ivan. 100 points is serious stuff. Good work.

    I heard that Pussy Cats song Sway on a USA television show Las Vegas a few months ago. It reminded me of Las Vegas lounge acts which was no doubt why it was on the TV show. It's certain a... suggestive song, Ivan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. noi, you're right. Sway is suggestive and that's part of the allure..hehehe. Re, BotB...I was really hyper when I won. Hehehe. Never expected it. =)

    jerine, thanks but I beg to disagree with Sway. Hehehe =) I love that song. Promise. =)

    ea, ow that was late notice. Hehehe. I will be leaving for Cebu a week after your trip. And I have plans already slated for May and early June. Sayang. But promise to post your escapade at your blog ha. They may come handy...=)

    utenzi, thank you. My goodness. It took a day before I learned about the result and I logged the day after. So, imagine my surprise. Hihihi. About Sway, I heard it first as the soundtrack of the movie Shall We Dance starring Richard Gere who is my childhood crush...*winks* And you're right about the suggestive thingie. If you think about how it is being dance, you're gonna like it. =)

    ReplyDelete




It is always refreshing to know what is in your mind. Thanks!