I've been reading about this writing project for years. The first time was I never really understood its purpose (for I never read the whole piece of her entry). Then, I totally forgot all about it.
The second time it was organized, I was lucky to have read through her explanation about this online writing project. I was meaning to rally my nominees but work was too demanding that it brought me to other places.
Last May 2009, the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2009 Writing Project was launched for the 3rd time. This time, I am participating. :)
To explain, this writing project is an annual offering by Ms. Janette Toral who manages Influential Blogger. It targets blogs that simply shine just as they are. Well, it actually depends on how one would perceive a certain blog.
At random, I have selected my ten (10) blogs because they coincide with my passion, are informative and relevant, project good writing, etc.
This is the final list.
- Cebu Bloggers Society - I think they are one of fast-rising regional blog in the country. I am pleased that there is an organized blogger group from the Queen of the South. I have been to Cebu a lot of times and together with Baguio City, I consider it my second home. I love everything about it - its food, destinations, people, culture and its very diversity. I am just happy that these bloggers will introduce and promote more their very heritage.
- Delamar's Brain Farts - Delamar will always be my favorite Monster RX lady. She is witty, wacky and I would be star-struck and in Cloud 9 just to spend a day with her. Di naman ako tomboy eh. :)
- The Accidental Teacher - As a first-time mom to my one-year old boy, I admire Ria's refreshing style of sharing learning to kids inside and outside the four walls of the classroom. For me, little kids learn more when they're being interactive.
- Batang Lakwatsero - I don't know the owner of this blog but I enjoy his experiences in the course of his travels. I hope to see more exciting stories from this blog.
- Pinoy Cravings - I accidentally bump into this blog one time while searching for Ma Mon Luk. I literally spent my siesta time reading his blog archives while my little boy takes his power nap. There are only two things that come to mind: Melo's food photography makes my mouth water and the stories behind each food shot totally fuel my cravings.
- Style and Relax - I haven't met (yet) the lady behind this blog. I love reading Lace's fashion and lifestyle tips. I am not a fashionista. I love climbing mountains and getting rough like the boys. Bumping into her blog has nurtured a longing for me to start caring for my physical beauty. Ehem. :)
- Let's Go Sago - I love Jonel's travel and food blog. I admire the content and composition of his entries. It excites me to read through tales of a recent escapade, a peek of a cake shop's newest delectable offerings plus great freebies!
- Bookmarked! - I love books and I rarely see book blogs here in the country. I have come to know Blooey in a book-swapping site and later on, in a book club. She does book reviews so well that I sometimes do not want to finish reading them because most of the books she reads are all piled up in my TBR. She's quite a fast reader. Hehehe.
- Philippine Freebies, Promos, Contests and More! - I love freebies and participating in contests. I am excited everytime Boy Kuripot posts his updates on the latest promos in town.
- Raising Filipino Boys: Parenting Guide For Filipino Fathers - I rarely encounter male bloggers who talk about their insights about family, most specifically PARENTING. Marvin put up his blog "to raise awareness among Filipino men about thoughts and behaviors that we transmit to our kids everyday, especially to our sons aged eight years old and below." Being a new mom, I want to gain insights and learn experiences about proper parenting from those who know better.
If your curiosity is piqued and you may probably want to join, please check out all the details at Ms. Toral's entry about this writing project for 2009.
This writing project is made possible by the following sponsors: Absolute Traders, My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, Events at Work, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile, Budget Hotel in Makati, Lucio C. Tan Group of Companies and Blog4Reviews.com.