October 2009 24 Hour Read-A-Thon

Dear Me,

In two hours, I will be engaging in a marathon. A reading marathon that is...for 24 hours.

I have been participating in this race-to-read-as-many-books-in-24-hours since October 2008. It's a challenge where you devote your time to reading books that have been piling up high and taking quite a room space in your house.

The reading challenge was initiated by
Dewey for bibliophiles. My participation was all due to her.



In her honor (she died in late 2008), this year's read-a-thon was renamed after her.

This year, I am not only participating as a reader but also as a cheerleader.




The books I am supposed to read in this marathon are those that are included in my challenges for this year (see sidebar for reading challenges). But most of them are heavy stuff and require flipping through thick pages.

Here are the books I am targeting to finish in the reading marathon:




I am not sure if I will be able to finish all these books. I won't be able to update as much I would love to. My little boy is not feeling well and hubby is slated to leave the house with a client meeting. Too much in my hands but don't we all?

Cheers to everyone! :)

PS. Here's the official
24 Read-A-Thon homepage for more information.

1 comment:

  1. Ivan! Good luck on your reading, cheerleading you as well :)

    I love the mini challenges! Aren't they a welcome distraction?

    ReplyDelete


My Instagram