I should have written this a long time ago. But mommy and wifey duties first to my family.
Lately, I've been finding time to write about anything that pops up. So today, I'm blogging about things I have discovered and learned about taking care of my first-born.
Here's my list:
- Learn to ask and question everything about your child. Be in charge of your child's health and safety.
- Follow the recommended vaccination schedule for your kids.
- Breastfeed for at least six months.
- Let babies sleep. Don't wake them up for when the time comes to sleep, they'll be up all night.
- Allow your babies to be accustomed to everyday noise at home.
- Don't shelter your kids too much. Sometimes, they need germs to build immunity.
- Make sure that when you prepare something hot, the kids are not too close; or the hot stuff is far from their reach.
- When taking a dip even just in an inflatable pool, never leave them unattended to avoids accidents.
- Never take in too many chores so as not to be cranky the whole day. Remember, fatigue causes a sour mood and more often than not, kids are the direct receptor of your anger.
- Boost their confidence by acknowledging how good they are.
- Encourage them to talk to you about everything.
- Spend more time with them by doing things together.
These are just some of the things that come to mind. Being a mom entails learning a lot from advice and experiences. It is best to be conscious, more aware of things about and around your children. It also helps if you follow your instinct and be able to foresee things that concern them.
After all, mothers know best. :)