Read-A-Thon Again!

Dear Me,

Being quite out of the loop for sometime, I was amazed to discover that another read-a-thon is bound to happen again this year! The busyness of life has virtually overtaken me.


This coming October 9, 2010 - Saturday, book lovers and their blogs will once again grace the blogosphere with Dewey's 24 hour Read-A-Thon. Eeek! I'm so enthusiastic about it. *bounce*

To enlighten what the read-a-thon is all about:

What is Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon?
For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers' blogs. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.

It was created by the beloved Dewey. The first one was held in October 2007. Dewey died in late 2008. The read-a-thon was renamed to honor its founder in 2009.

The read-a-thon, in about one year's time, became such a cornerstone of the book blogging community that the event was nominated for best event/carnival/meme for BBAW.

Basically, it is burying your head and have your eyes glued in books for 24 hours; where everyone is doing the same thing all at the same time. But of course, you are allowed to tend to things that require your attention from time to time. The point is: do read as long as you can. :)

I have already signed up (#79 in the list) because I want to honor Dewey for welcoming me during the first time I joined. Also, the event will surely be another way to get some reading done and at the same time, toppling off some books from my tower of TBR pile. Another exhilarating side of why a book lover should participate is that prizes abound, accomplish mini-challenges in-between, discover and meet other book bloggers, etc. It will be another delightful day spending time reading and being surrounded by books. :)


Sign-up for October 9, 2010 Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon

History of Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon

FAQs about the read-a-thon

Facebook Page for Dewey's Read-a-thon

2 comments:

  1. Ever since the boys were born, I can't remember the last time I read a book from cover to cover!!

    These days I only read magazines and blogs.

    Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the readathon! :)

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete


My Instagram