The Cook for Dinner...

Very late in the afternoon, Dex came over and spent the rest of the few hours at home before going to work on his 3rd shift. *hmm* He brought me a cake. Hehehe! Thank you, papi!

Anyway, we spent a few good hours chatting about stuff and laughing over the cast of Friends. For me, I think the most hilarious among the group is Joey. His every line definitely elicits a guffaw from his watchers. I really admire this guy. He delivers his lines at bull's eye point.

It was already past 7 in the evening when I decided to have a crack at cooking for dinner. First, I had the rice cooked and I was "rummaging" inside the chiller and freezer of the refrigerator, thinking what the hell to cook. What was visible to my eyes was the sliced fish. *hmm* I did not want to have fish for dinner. All the other stuff that was inside were thickly covered with ice. I really do not want to mess up with that but I had no choice. I found pork and chicken deeply plastered with ice. Anyway, I had them thawed for nearly an hour or so. I set them aside and prepared the thing to marinate the pork for the steak. All I did with the chicken was to have it rolled on with a garlic powder and fry it.

After thawing both pork and chicken, I had them cooked and ready for the finale.

Dinner was okay and we all had an easy banter.



~~~~~~~~~~


@ Random...

I have been spending the rest of the afternoon "cleaning" my computer from unwanted and unnecessary files stored in my hard disc. *hmm* I really have other better things to do but I cannot find the heart to start over it. I decided to clean the trash that somehow slows down the operation of my pc. Besides, I am looking for a document that has been long forgotten. It was just a letter I had my heart poured out during the lowest lows of my life. No need for anyone to see that.

While I am "ogling" at my pc at this moment, I have the boobtube on, tuned at a music channel. Honestly, I pretty missed the times when I was just alone in the house, spending my time in front of the TV and watching music videos.

It is funny because the music that I have found to my liking are necessarily played by some unknown persona or a group of personas, (well, at least unknown to me)for that matter. I know they have some hits going on, too but sometimes I did not expect them to be the one to sing it.

"Mukhang napag-iiwanan na yata ako ng panahon, ah." Before, I used to know every song that was played on air by a certain individual or group. Now, I am at a loss.

A group of 4 guys called the
Cold Play just sang the song Yellow. I basically like the song more for its beat and rhythm. I find the tempo soothing to my nerves. When I am sapped off with energy or sheer tension, the pulse of this song simply relaxes my uptight nerves. The beat slows down the hasty pace I am usually subjected to.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know?
You know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cos you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

And your skin, oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know?
For you I bleed myself dry
For you I bleed myself dry

It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do


Another song at play is One Last Breath by Creed. I know they also have a number of hits before this one. I kinda like the beat, too.

Please come now I think I'm falling
I'm holding on to all I think is safe
It seems I found the road to nowhere
And I'm trying to escape
I yelled back when I heard thunder
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say
Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down
I'm looking down now that it's over
Reflecting on all of my mistakes
I thought I found the road to somewhere
Somewhere in His grace
I cried out heaven save me
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say
Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down
Sad eyes follow me
But I still believe there's something left for me
So please come stay with me
'Cause I still believe there's something left for you and me
For you and me
For you and me

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram