Hmm...

”I am home and yet I am working. I am racking my dead-tired brain on how will I be able to arrange stuff for my next project. I have an ongoing project and I am always out of the office. I only get to see my office desk when the sun had set down from the horizon. That means people had long gone to their own homes and I have nobody to talk to – to arrange and facilitate things.

I think my mind has its own ideas apart from mine. Instead of focusing on the cluttered paperwork I brought home yesterday from an overtime shift, thoughts of traveling and taking shots of nature and what is pleasant to the eye obscure the very purpose why I am lounged here in the living room which is currently devoid of human movement and noise.

Deciding to let my mind conjure its own thoughts freely, I let my CD player sing songs for me. I played
Freestyle Live to lighten up my being even just a bit. Twice I did. Still not enough to jumpstart from facing a task ahead, I played my fave new wave music. Build Me Up Buttercup, Always Something There to Remind Me, Dancing Queen, Head Over Heels, Just Got Lucky and so on…

Well, I felt some hip feeling in me. But unfortunately, it did not mean that I was up to facing the cluttered papers on the work table. I filed all the papers in one heap and moved the table and chair on the other side. I sang in tune with the
Dancing Queen and moved my feet and toes to the swing beat. The feeling was so light…”

@@@@@

This was written way back February 2, 2003 at 13:21 hours. I was rummaging through my old notes when I came across this.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram