27th Manila International Bookfair

Dear Me,

Booklovers like me would never miss attending the annual
Manila International Bookfair come rain or shine. Oh yeah, I was there. Were you? Hehehe.

The 27th Manila International Bookfair was held from August 30th till September 3rd at the World Trade Center. I was there September 2nd, around half past two (2) in the afternoon, just right after I took this boring (boring because I flunked it, I guess) exam in UP.

The moment I entered the WTC, I felt like a bouncing ball; too happy to see the countless books before me. For a few seconds, I was spellbound by the sight of books laid before my eyes. I was bewitched.

Unlike the past bookfairs, I didn't spend much. I could only spare a limited PhP1,500. So I only bought three (3) books this time. I told myself that I would "compensate" this year's budgeted purchase next year. *winks*

I chose to buy these 3 books:
When We Were Gods: A Novel Of Cleopatra by Colin Falconer, Sushi For Beginners by Marian Keyes, FSO IV: Starting A Career In The Philippine Foreign Service by Marciano De Borja.

Among these three (3), I am most eager to start flipping through the pages of the first one. I don't know why but I am really curious about the history of the royal and popular Egyptians of olden times - the likes of Amenhotep, King Rameses II, etc.

On another note, I am still waiting for the time I can put up my mini-library inside my small room. Hmm.

The rest of the photos are here.

6 comments:

  1. i commend you for your hobby, if i will have my own family i would encourage also my children to read books and novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. iskoo, thank you. I think I was a loner during my childhood days that I sought refuge and esteem amongst the pile of books around me...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was not there!!! sob...
    ah...i love books!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. john, i don't eh.

    jerine, it's annually held so you can come next year... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe...we really have to set up our mini library soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete


My Instagram