Stephanie Meyer Craze

Dear Me,

I have a thing for vampires. I find them enchanting and...sexy. Hehehe.

Although I had forbiddenly watched the movie
Interview With The Vampire back in 1994, it was the tv series, Buffy The Vampire Slayer that enlivened my blood to be one of them.

Yes, I dreamed to belong with them, be part of their race.

Why was that? Because during that time, I was a loner or rather, I preferred to be a loner. I had friends but I felt I didn't belong. I was more drawn to books and silence. Then, I learned to watch tv and came in Buffy. She became a habit and introduced
David Boreanaz to me. I was so envious of her for having David. Well, I wasn't envious. I was jadedly jealous!

Why enchanting? I was bewitched by the immortal life vampires lead. It was not because of the notion of having long life or coming close to having the so-called fountain of youth. For me, it was having the endless stretch of life and history in front of my eyes.


David Boreanaz

Why sexy? I fell (still do) in love with Angel (portrayed by Boreanaz). I even still watch his Angel tv series. :)


Relating to the vampire subject, Stephanie Meyer broke the deafening silence over this creatures. Just a very young author, she struck the literary world of vampires when she authored her first book, Twilight. It was later on followed by New Moon, the second book in the Twilight series. And then, Eclipse (third in the series) and Breaking Dawn as the last published book in the Twilight saga.


She was writing a draft of the fifth book of the series, Midnight Sun, when it was maliciously distributed in the internet. Because of this, she indefinitely stopped writing the book. In fact, she even made the partial draft available for those wanting to read it.

When Meyer's books hit the shelves in the bookstores and became bestsellers, I didn't want to participate in the hunt for these most wishlisted books. I told myself I would just let the Twilight madness tone down before I even grab a copy of any of her books.


Twilight movie trailer

But when I learned that Twilight was set to be a movie and to be shown in November, I couldn't let myself be left-out. I jumped in the wagon and painstakingly grab copies of her books. I still have to wait for a few more weeks.

Here are the
synopses of the following Twilight books:

Twilight (Twilight, Book 1)
Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because --- he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him.

New Moon (The Twilight Saga, Book 2)
Bella celebrates her birthday with her boyfriend Edward and his family, a unique clan of vampires that has sworn off human blood. But the celebration abruptly ends when the teen accidentally cuts her arm on broken glass. The sight and smell of her blood trickling away forces the Cullen family to retreat lest they be tempted to make a meal of her. After all is mended, Edward, realizing the danger that he and his family create for Bella, sees no option for her safety but to leave. Mourning his departure, she slips into a downward spiral of depression that penetrates and lingers over her every step. Bella befriends Jacob. Their adventures are wild, dare-devilish, and teeter on the brink of romance, but memories of Edward pervade Bella's emotions, and soon their fun quickly morphs into danger, especially when she uncovers the true identities of Jacob and his pack of friends.

Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, Book 3)
As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?

Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, Book 4)
To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife have led her to the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or to pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fates of two tribes hangs. Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating, and unfathomable, consequences.

Synopses courtesy of Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram