October 2008 Read-A-Thon: Hour 12

Dear Me,

Here in my side of the world, it's already past eight in the morning. I have to halt my reading momentum to attend to morning duties. I already finished sweeping the floor and tidying the whole place, putting things in their rightful spots as I do every morning.


Miguel had woken up and I nudged hubby to do he same so baby could eat his morning meal. I fixed ourselves a quick breakfast - cooked rice and sauteed corned beef. I already had my cup of coffee and made hubby a cup of milk.

Hubby gave me the time to read so I could finish another book before we prep ourselves to leave for the party.

Anyway, I'm already done with it.




Written by Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle In Time is no science fiction as I would have thought while I read. A Newberry Medal Winner, this book exemplifies a lot of things: (1) that goodness prevails over wickedness; (2) that no matter what, family stays together; (3) that things are laid for us but it is up to ourselves to make the choices.

It's a children's book full of wonder, adventure and magic. Just the same, it also teaches us about life. It's an excellent reading for kids.

I am looking forward to reading more of
L'Engle's works. I have purchased a lot of her books and they are piled up high in my mountain of TBR. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram