24 Hour Read-A-Thon: Honoring Dewey

Dear Me,

Like a bullet train in Japan, I whizzed by washing the dishes and showered myself. It's sweltering hot here in my part of the world and although I would like to shower longer, I refreshed myself for only fifteen minutes. Hehehe. I could do ten minutes but I really want to feel cool. Anyway, I'm looking forward to another shower after this marathon reading. :)

I don't want to end this very lively activity without saying something about the person who made the book blogging community such a great place to be in.
Dewey from The Hidden Side of a Leaf passed away last year. She was the beautiful person who initiated a lot of book-related activities for book bloggers. I am not a book blogger entirely for I blog a lot of things about life.



I haven't really known her that much but I came to know her first from Bookmooch. I was looking for a copy of the book The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States by the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks and she happened to have it. I mooched it from her and she was honest enough to tell me that her copy was water-stained. I told her that it didn't matter so long as the book could be clearly read. She sent it to me quick and even told me to visit her site for she gave away books. I visited her site and although I wasn't able to join her giveaways, I enjoyed reading her book blog for they contained such humongous knowledge, opinions and recommendations about various books.

Also, she cheered me on during my first participation in the reading marathon last year.

I told you. I didn't know her enough but I liked the way she handled and shared things to book lovers.

A woman with substance and generous spirit!

1 comment:


My Instagram