I wasn't really a Jollibee fan. Among the fast-food stores around the metro, I still favor McDo (grown to love it dating back during my university days) and KFC.
I added Jollibee in my list when my little boy "seemed" to love their sweet spaghetti and yum burger. I don't want him to eat fast-food on a daily basis but there are times that he will only open his mouth if he sees Jollibee.
The point is, I come to love Jollibee now. I love their burgers and chicken because they're not bland and dry (well, most of the time).
I wasn't aware of Jollibee's latest addition in their menu: Chicken Barbecue. Hubby brought one home for me to have a taste test.
At first, I was sort of adamant to taste it since I wasn't fond of chicken barbecues for they only normally taste good on the outside and utterly dry inside.
I guess it is a hit and miss when tasting for the first time the latest food offering off the menu. Sometimes it will be a sure-fire hit or simply such a put-down. In my case, the first time was the former. I love this Chicken Barbecue from Jollibee!
I loved it because:
- the chicken served was bigger in size than the usual.
- it was grilled in a way that the chicken skin was charred to be tastier and not burnt to be bitter.
- the chicken meat was tender and juicy inside which surprised me. I deduced that it was marinated long enough for the seasoned mixture to seep in thus capturing the flavor.
- if you couldn't get enough from the chicken barbecue itself, part of the meal was a savory dip of thick barbecue sauce.
- the java rice that came with it did not disappoint me. It did not only boast of its bright color but also complemented the yummy taste of chicken barbecue.
I just realize that I will be contented and looking forward when we enter Jollibee. Happiness will not only be seen in my little boy's eyes but mine, too! :)