Thus, I am participating in the Original TBR (To-Be-Read) Challenge hosted over MizB's Reading Challenges Blog.
I opted to join this one because for me, it is quite feasible. Another thing is, I am bound to join a number of other reading challenges slated to happen before 2009 comes to a close.
Main guidelines for this challenge:
Pick 12 books – one for each month of the year - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to. OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 "Alternates" (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn't grab you at the time) Then, starting January 1, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31.)
To understand more about reading challenge, do visit the challenge FAQs.
Additional rules/guidelines for this challenge:
the challenge is to read 12 TBR books in 12 months — you can read those all in one month if you want, or one a month, or however you wanna do it. you should have a list posted somewhere for others to see. you CANNOT change your list after January 1st, of the current year!!! you can create an Alternates list of MAXIMUM 12 books, if you want, in order to have options to choose from (you can read these in place of books on your original list). audiobooks and e-books ARE allowed. re-reads are NOT allowed, as they aren't TRUE "TBRs" you CAN overlap with other challenges. OPTIONAL: you can join the Yahoo! Group created for participants of the TBR Challenge, if you want to have a place to keep your list, or just to share with others about how you're doing!
While doing this entry, I am standing in front of my shelves and wondering which books to include in the challenge.
The books I am so eager to read before year 2010 ends are the following:
- The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai
- London Bridges by James Patterson
- The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-first Century by Thomas Barnett
- A Girl's Life Online by Katherine Tarbox
- The Killing Art by Jonathan Santlofer
- The Copper Scroll by Joel Rosenberg
- Critical by Robin Cook
- Cleopatra VII: Daughter of the Nile, Egypt, 57 B.C. by Kristiana Gregory
- I'm Too Sexy For My Volvo: A Mom's Guide to Staying Fabulous! by Betty Londergan
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- Secret Servant: The Moneypenny Diaries by Kate Westbrook
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Since I have listed these books already for the challenge, I am now piling them in a corner so it will be a lot easier for me to pick them up to read. :)