Cleaning Up His Own Clutter

Dear Me,

A thought just occurred to me. At what age should kids/toddlers be disciplined? Disciplines that entail do(s) and don't(s) that concern them as they grow up.

I have a two-year old and like any other first-time mothers out there, I want him to grow up with a care in the world.

Having to discipline him does not mean exercising military control. Oh, just simple ways that he can understand and learn. I don't want him growing up so aloof around me.

Right now, I'm teaching him to be responsible in gathering his toys and putting all of them in his toy chest everytime he's done playing for the day. The same thing goes for his books; that he has to put them all back in his bookshelf.



Luckily, he tidies them all up as I have designated it to be: before taking a bath, whenever we leave the house to go malling and before retiring to bed at night. But when he's being stubborn and doesn't want to clean up his mess despite my limited power of calm persuasion (hehehe), I resort to "telling lies" like someone or something will get his toys and that it will forever be gone. The tactic works but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

I haven't thought of anything yet and although I have books about parenting (which I haven't gotten around to reading), I would prefer practical tips based on real experiences of other mothers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram