Chicken & Potato Stir Fry

Dear Me,

Despite shopping for groceries in the supermarket a week ago, I stayed out of the vegetables & meat section. Just purchased milk, diapers, baby shampoo & body wash, cereals - all for my little boy's needs. The plan was to do a separate shopping in the frozen section a week after.

Days after, I had the desire to whip something out for lunch. Alas! I only found some potatoes, onions, ginger and a pack of chicken breast in the fridge.

With limited ingredients, I thought of preparing Chicken and Potato Stir Fry.


chicken and potato stir fry

sorry about the lack of presentation in this photo;
was in a hurry to eat :p


It was not much of a recipe for I only worked with what I had in the kitchen. But the output, it was better than I expected. The chicken was tender to chew and the potatoes tasted crunchy.

I'm not sure if it is a problem for me as a mom but my little boy lives and dines like an American eating breakfast. He can simply survive the day with his milk and any type of bread. So I'm bent on re-introducing veggies in his meal, without rice. It was a major fail when I fed him with rice and veggies or rice and meat. He just "juiced" it or stuck the food in his mouth. So, I'm checking if feeding him veggies will work out.

Well, it was a struggle at first but throughout the meal, he got used to the crunchy potato. Of course, I always had to remind him to chew the food in his mouth.

On the other hand, the dining style sort of worked for me, too. I'm a big-eater when it comes to rice. I have been taking one rice meals a day. When I prepared this food, I just picked on the stir-fried bite-sized chicken and voila, I felt full to the stomach.


Ingredients:

3 pcs potatoes, squared
1 small ginger, cut into strips
1 medium-sized onion, sliced
1/4 kilo chicken breast, cut into bite-size
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of corn starch
3 tablespoon of oil
1/4 cup of water
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

  1. In a shallow dish, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, corn starch, water and garlic. Add the uncooked bite-sized chicken and marinate all-together for 15 minutes.

  2. Preheat skillet over medium fire. Pour in oil and saute onions for a few seconds.

  3. Add the potatoes and cook for about 2-4 minutes. Set aside.

  4. In the same skillet, stir fry the ginger strips followed by the bite-sized chicken for 3-4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.

  5. Return the potatoes in the skillet together with the stir-fried chicken and stir for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper according to desired taste.

There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram