Pages

07 December 2010

Teaser Tuesdays (December 7)

Dear Me,

With all the flurry of activities brought about by lots of things in-between -- being a mom, being your own nanny and househelp, running errands, doing a little part-time job and with the upcoming holidays, I declare that I have been so laxed in reading my books.

But I just picked a book days ago. And I'm currently loving it.


The Broke Diaries: The Completely True and Hilarious Misadventures of a Good Girl Gone Broke
Here's my chosen teasers:
Gotta love these chain cafe bookstores that let you read the books in the store, right? They're like public libraries minus the homeless people. They are great!

~ page 152, The Broke Diaries: The Completely True and Hilarious Misadventures of a Good Girl Gone Broke by Angela Nissel



I chose these teasers because the reference made reminded me of the same bookstore here in the Philippines. In fact, I love it because when I happen to come across a book I like, I can flip all the pages, check it out and later on, buy it. But some friends I know can even get away reading the whole book just by staying there for hours. LOL.



Teaser TuesdaysTeaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


* Grab your current read.

* Open to a random page.

* Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.

* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


I'm almost done with this book. I'm hoping to make a review of this one soon. Meantime, I have to do some errands at the bank. A happy Tuesday to everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL....I know the feeling of having empty pockets... I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out My Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

It's always refreshing to know what's on your mind. Thanks!

PS. Posting unrelated comments are not allowed here (referring to SPAMMERS!).