Bookaholic Anonymous

My name is Ivy and I am a bookaholic.

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.  ~ Charles W. Eliot

No man can be called friendless who has God and the companionship of good books.  ~ Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I have always been a loner during the earliest period of my school years. I have spent my free time studying my lessons and simply reading about my textbooks. My usual favorites then was learning about the historical past and the beauty of the English grammar.

Then one fine day at school, I visited the library.

I picked out one book from the shelf and I met Nancy Drew. I was reading the first book in the series and my free period was almost up. I asked the cute, gentle-looking librarian if I could bring the book home. He said I could if I could just fill up a form and acquire a library card.

Being a loner, the books in the library (and please include that gentleman from the library) had become my friends. They did not judge and never failed to make me feel happy about myself.

Books are delightful society.  If you go into a room and find it full of books – even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome.  ~ William Ewart Gladstone

Honestly, I am always in awe being surrounded by books. And yes, it really feels like those books are talking volumes to me. Literally!

A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~ William Styron

Wherever I go, my relationship with books will never end. In between living a busy life, reading is a great de-stressor. By the time I am ready to put down a book, I am relaxed.

xoxo,

Ivy (^o^)

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram