January 8, 2007: University of the Philippines' 100 years of existence. UP @ 100.
I love my alma mater. I miss UP!
As part of UP's 100th year celebration, we are putting together "100 Kwentong Peyups," a series of columns which will appear in the Philippine Daily Inquirer and Philippine Star throughout the year. We invite all past students of any of the University of the Philippines' units to submit their stories.
- Be a maximum of 1,000 words
- Be a personal experience and written in the 1st person
- Emotionally engaging ---- funny, sad, scary, etc.
- Make the connection between the story and a life lesson that serves you well today .
- If possible, please include an old photo/scanned memento
Please include your name, college or unit and course and year you entered UP as well as your email address. If you remember your Student Number, even better.
Send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified via email if your story has been selected for publication or for use in other Centennial celebrations.
Submissions will be accepted starting January 1, 2008. Btw, pls. feel free to pass this on to other UP alumni.