NaBloPoMo Vs NaNoWriMo

Dear Me,

It was less than two (2) months back when I finally decided to sign up for
NaNoWriMo. I was too enthusiastic to participate for I believed that doing this activity would jump-start my so-called future career (if ever).

What is NaNoWriMo?
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

Because of the limited writing window, the ONLY thing that matters in NaNoWriMo is output. It's all about quantity, not quality. The kamikaze approach forces you to lower your expectations, take risks, and write on the fly.

Make no mistake: You will be writing a lot of crap. And that's a good thing. By forcing yourself to write so intensely, you are giving yourself permission to make mistakes. To forgo the endless tweaking and editing and just create. To build without tearing down. Continue reading....

Unfortunately, I was never able to contemplate a plot interesting enough for me to continue and complete a 50,000 words quota for the entire month of November.

October came and the local
Pinoywrimo community even had a kick-off meeting, which I failed to attend because I was too shy to come for I had nothing to offer. I would like to listen and hear everyone's insights but shame overcame me.

Anyway, I'll make sure that I will be prepared next year with an idea and a plot to boot.

Just because I won't be able to do this thing doesn't mean I will stop finding a way to achieve a goal I've set for this particular endeavor.

And so I have discovered
NaBloPoMo.



What is NaBloPoMo?
National Blog Posting Month is the epicenter of daily blogging! People who want to set the habit of blogging by doing it every day for a month, including weekends, can come here for moral support, inspiration, and the camaraderie that only marathon blogging can provide.

Basically, it is simple blogging everyday for the whole month. There's no theme required so it's much easier.

It is supposed to commence first day of the month but I have to make amends.

Honestly, I would like to write profound compositions but taking care of my baby and doing the daily chores simply eat a lot of my time. I guess I have to pack it all in during those tiny stolen moments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Instagram