My 2009 Suspense & Thriller Reading Challenge

Dear Me,

Suspense and thriller type of books are one of my top favorites when it comes to reading. When I go inside a bookstore, I always leave with a heart-stopping, action-filled book in hand. Truth to be told, I have a lot of these kinds of books in my shelves.

With that, I would like to carry out my intention of reducing my TBR pile. To realize this, I am participating in another book reading challenge.

Hosted by
J.Kaye over at her book blog, the 2009 Suspense & Thriller Reading Challenge is adopting various sub-genres.

Check here for the list of suspense & thriller sub-genres.




The Rules:
  • Read TWELVE (12) different sub-genres of thrillers in 2009.

  • You do NOT need to select your books ahead of time. Also, you may change as you go.

  • Your books can cross-over into other challenges.

  • You don't need a blog to join in this challenge. For those who do, this is important. When you sign up under Mr. Linky, list the direct link to your post where your S/T books will be listed. If you list just your blog's URL, it will be removed.

Like the YA Reading Challenge which I'm also participating into, I opted to jot down my list beforehand as guide.

Out of the 37 sub-genres listed, my chosen 12 books according to sub-genres are the following:


  1. Crime Thriller - Dexter In The Dark by Jeff Lindsay

  2. Forensic Mystery - Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs [READ - FEB 09]

  3. Hard-Boiled Mystery - Guardian Angel by Sara Paretsky

  4. Hitman Thriller - The Good Guy by Dean Koontz

  5. Legal Thriller - The Chamber by John Grisham [READ - APR 09]

  6. Medical Thriller - Seizure by Robin Cook

  7. Murder Mystery - First Kill by Michael Kronenwetter

  8. Psychological Thriller - To Die In Provence by Norman Bogner

  9. Religious Thriller - Michael Angelo's Notebook by Paul Christopher [READ - JUL 09]

  10. Spy Thriller - The Eiger Sanction by Trevanian [READ - MAY 09]

  11. Supernatural Thriller - Firestorm by Iris Johansen [READ - OCT 09]

  12. True-Crime Thriller - In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

I'm already flipping pages of my selected legal thriller book. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is interesting!
    Hehe I'm partial to literary and art thrillers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome list! Loved THE GOOD GUY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blooey,

    I would love to include naman lit and art thrillers but I can't find any from my TBR pile. :)


    J.Kaye,

    Thanks. I just lifted The Good Guy from the example given since I have this book in my shelves. :)

    ReplyDelete


My Instagram