October 2008 Read-A-Thon: Hour 5

Dear Me,

I kinda fell asleep as I put my baby back to sleep. Hahaha!

Anyway, I tried to catch up and already finished my 2nd book.

It's the 2nd book from this list.




Basically, this book is a list of wishes - things you would like to do, places you would like to visit, be the person you would want to be, promises you would like to keep - you would like to accomplish in your life time. It's a good book, actually. I had fun reading it. In fact, I even made my own list but that's for another post after Read-A-Thon.

Regarding book #1, Seedfolks is such a heart-warming book for children and for that matter, adults alike. One act by a Vietnamese girl named Kim, that is, planting beans in a hard-packed soil in a vacant lot, drove other people from the neighborhood to the same.

Planting those beans was her way of 'introducing' herself as her father's daughter. The others (her neighbors) followed suit, each had her own reasons for doing so.

The book also presented a multi-cultural side of the characters of the story. The diversity of each character is depicted in that area in Ohio and more so, in that squalid vacant lot.

It's a gentle tale that warms the heart of a reader. It's an inspiring read especially for little kids. :)

1 comment:

  1. I probably would have fallen asleep to! Always time to start again though.

    BTW, I used to have this blog template, and I still love the way it looks!

    ReplyDelete


My Instagram